Starting a FemDom marriage in the Vanilla Kingdom

We’re Back!

At 3:30 a.m. Monday morning, the car from a local service pulled into our driveway marking the end of our 16 day vacation.  We are both exhausted, but had a fantastic time!

I’m going to post some separate articles about Thunder in the next couple of days, but here is an overview of the trip:

Departing:  I have an almost OCD-level compulsion about preparing and packing for a trip.  I’m usually planning what I’m going to bring at least a week or two in advance and start packing 2 - 3 days before I leave.  In my mind, this allows me to only bring what I really need and keeps me from forgetting anything important.  (I do most of my traveling for work or tech conferences which means I need to bring along a slew of hardware which all have their own requirements like cables, power adapters, etc.)

This time around, MJ told me I was forbidden from doing any packing for the trip prior to the day we were departing.  (Our car to the airport was due to arrive at 5 p.m., so I had about 11 hours to pack for the trip.)  Of course, just to really make it interesting, Friday morning MJ handed me a list of other things she needed me to do:  clean out the cat boxes, straighten the garage, and so on.  She also gave me an almost impossible task at 1 p.m.:  She had 46 one hour playlists She wanted me to burn to CD so we would have road trip music.

First, I got frantic.  Then, I got angry.

MJ helped a little by giving me a very specific list of what clothing I needed to bring (since at that time I still had no idea where we were going for the first week of the trip) and what toys (floggers, cuffs, etc.) She wanted me to bring along, but I was still running around like a maniac.  The CD burning was the real killer since each CD took about 5 - 7 minutes to burn.  I ended up setting up my laptop so I could burn 2 CDs at once which is the only way I was able to do it.  (The last disc ejected at 5:02 p.m. as we were loading up the car.)

In MJ’s defense, she did tell me that the CDs were a low priority and that She would live without them, but did say she had been working on the playlists for the better part of two weeks before the trip and said She would be extremely disappointed if I didn’t get them done.

I tried my best to hold my anger in, but I was almost in tears as I packed in 4 minute chunks before running back into the bedroom to kick off two more CDs burning to make sure I got them all done.  I felt completely blindsided and was freaking out that I would forget something or that I wouldn’t be able to properly fit everything that needed to be brought in our suitcases.  (We ended up bringing a huge trunk and each had a backpack and suitcase, but space was still tight and I ended up not bringing some stuff that I wanted to have with us.)

I was also freaking out because MJ didn’t want to leave any later than 5 p.m. to catch an 8:30 p.m. flight.  During rush hour, it can take about 2 hours to get to the airport and you have to check your bags 45 minutes before flight time, meaning we had 15 minutes of leeway in case something went wrong.  We ended up with 20 minutes to spare before we would have been banned from checking in, but that was just way too close for my taste.

MJ and I discussed that fiasco a little bit, but I’m still kind of stuck.  MJ has a knack for scheduling too much in a given period of time, but I am not supposed to second guess her decisions.  This leaves me in an impossible situation at times like these.  I still don’t know quite what to do about it.

Fortunately, once we got checked in and were waiting at the gate, I managed to relax and get in the right mindset for the trip.

Trip (Pre-Thunder):  The travel prior to Thunder was fantastic!  MJ did a fabulous job of planning the trip and we ended up on a wonderful road trip across the state, stopping for historic train rides and museums all across Colorado.  I really enjoyed myself and got to do a bunch of things I probably wouldn’t have even considered if I had been involved in the planning.  Two highlights were a historic narrow-gauge steam engine train ride through the mountains connecting Silverton and Durango and a visit to an arcade that had been in operation since the 1920’s (which included some of the best maintained pinball and arcade machines I’ve ever seen).

Thunder in the Mountains:  Thunder was just amazing!  The speakers were very informative (more on that during this upcoming week), the play parties were incredibly fucking HOT, and I got to meet Gloria Brame and Midori in person.  Wow!

We arrived at Thunder on Friday and it was fun watching the vanilla people check out as the freaks checked in.  (We also got to watch the same interesting ballet in reverse as we left Sunday afternoon.)  We got set up in our room and then went out to do a little shopping in Denver.  After we returned, we made our first lap through the vendor market and then went to the play party.  The dungeons were spread out over four rooms which included two pansexual spaces and separate men- and women-only rooms.

On both days the play parties were offered, we checked out the action and weren’t disappointed.  Saturday was especially hot in the main ball room where we ended up grabbing a couple of chairs and watching for almost two hours before going back to our room and playing ourselves.  (MJ was a shy about performing in front of such experienced people, but treated me to a fantastic session which started with a great flogging and ended with me cuming by her hand.)  Some of the more memorable scenes included a young woman suspended by fishhooks in her back performing all sorts of gymnastic maneuvers in the air, a buxom woman suspended upside down and tortured with canes and a violet wand, and some neat cupping and fire play.

We ran into a number of people we knew, including folks from the Chicago BDSM club we belong to as well as a handful of people that I met at the play party in Minnesota.

The seminars (our main reason for attending) were really well put together and well worth the trip just by themselves.  I attended one on "Service with a Smile" about how to be the best servant you can be (something I’m still struggling with) that really helped me in a lot of ways.  MJ attended both sessions offered by Gloria Brame (during which Dr. Brame had some very unfriendly things to say about pro Dommes - more on that in a couple of days) and a great one on cock and ball torture (something she’s already tried out with great success!)

We didn’t do much shopping at Thunder.  MJ got me a really nice new leather collar and we picked up a couple of panic snaps.  We both really want a pair of grip cuffs, but they were just too expensive for what you get ($220 for the pair).  I figure I can make my own for less than half the asking price, so I’m going to give that a shot instead.  (I’ll be sure to post instructions as soon as I work it out!)

The entire seminar was a blast to attend and we both enjoyed ourselves a great deal.  Our next outing will be to Kinky Kollege here in the Chicago area and we’re already looking forward to it!

2 Comments so far

  1. Goddess July 24th, 2007 5:15 pm

    First of all congrats on the pregnancy. I have been lurking here for a while now. Secondly I love your blog and your willingness to share. Third, I can’t wait for the details about Thunder.

  2. Enyo July 26th, 2007 7:23 am

    Sounds like packing/leaving didn’t exactly go as you would have liked….but that’s part of being sub, to realize that your Mistress has control over the situation and regardless of what happens, she will take care of it (and you for that matter!).

    I look forward to hearing more about Thunder :)

Leave a reply